Lindsay Lohan must go to court again

September 12, 2007 at 10:02 am (Uncategorized)


A judge Tuesday refused to dismiss portions of a lawsuit against the 21-year-old actress over an October 2005 accident in which her Mercedes-Benz collided with a van.

Superior Court Judge Michael L. Stern rejected a motion that argued the lawsuit lacked legal sufficiency, and set April 7 for the trial.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

The California Highway Patrol concluded that Raymundo Ortega, a busboy, caused the accident by making an illegal U-turn, but he sued Lohan and is seeking at least $200,000 in damages.

Ortega was knocked out in the crash, said his attorney, Robert G. Klein.

Lohan and a female passenger sustained minor injuries.
Ortega’s suit contends that Lohan was fleeing paparazzi and was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash.

From cute child actor to svelte blonde to redheaded bombshell and Hollywood star.
“This case is about responsibility and she’s not taking responsibility,” Klein said outside court.

Lohan’s attorney, David J. Ozeran, said outside court that there was no evidence that Lohan was intoxicated.

Last month, Lohan agreed to spend a day in jail and complete a drug treatment program after pleading guilty or no contest to misdemeanor drunken driving and cocaine charges stemming from arrests earlier this year in Beverly Hills and Santa Monica.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: